Wednesday 24 April 2013

Warner Bros.

 

In my post about audience reasearch I compared my film to films like Inception and The Matrix. When I was doing my reasearch on production companies I discovered that Warner Brothers produced both of these films. I had recently been to Warner Brothers (Time Warner) for some extra work experiance  so when I discovered this I was keen to phone and ask about weather my kind of film would in theory be something that Warner Brothers would produce. I spoke to my freind Mark who works in international release data, for instance when China banned American films he was involved in making sure that I am Legend could be shown there. I therefore thought he would be perfect to tell me weather my film was something Warner Brothers would produce on a local or international level. he said that

"Warner Brothers obviously don't take much intrest in shorts anymore but if you made it into a feature length film then I don't see why they wouldn't produce it, a psychological mystery is definately well within our ethos and I can imagine if you came back in a few years time with a strong pitch it could go down pretty well"

I thought this was really amazing because after all my time working at Warner Bros, I managed to see films like inception inside of the directors cinema and now I'm really looking forward to getting my film made and finalised.

Also when I was looking the logos of Time Warner and Eagle Eye I noticed some similarities forinstance, both logos are made of a few very simple shapes and both logos have the focus of the image in the middle. I think this is to makesure that the audience can assess the style of the logo and recognise who it represents very quickly.

A collection of the Warner Bros Logos



No comments:

Post a Comment